Packhouse Worker job in New Zealand
Packhouse Workers are crucial to the success of our produce distribution and processing operations. They play a pivotal role in ensuring that our produce meets market requirements, adheres to quality standards, and is safely prepared for distribution. This role involves various tasks related to the grading, packing, and storage of produce.
Packhouse Workers may be responsible for some or all of the following duties:
- Grading, packing, and storing produce according to market requirements and quality standards.
- Assembling packaging materials and crates for the safe transportation of produce.
- Operating forklifts to stack crates and facilitate storage.
- Conducting quality checks on produce to ensure it meets specified criteria.
- Adhering to food, health, and safety regulations to maintain product integrity.
- Maintaining and performing basic maintenance on equipment and machinery used in the packhouse.
Skills and Knowledge:
Packhouse Workers should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Proficiency in grading, packing, and storing various types of produce.
- Understanding of quality standards applicable to different types of produce.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and food laws and processes.
Packhouse Workers should be prepared for the following working conditions:
- Regular business hours during the off-season, but shift work and extended hours during the harvest season.
- Work environments include packhouses and warehouses.
- Potential need to travel to different locations as seasons and harvests change.