Our client forms part of a Group of Companies incorporating building construction, finishing, real estate, hospitality and fashion.
They are currently seeking to recruit a storekeeper to manage the operations in their storerooms. This is a key role for the proper care and maintenance of stock, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Receiving, unloading and stocking orders in a proper manner to ensure easy identification
- Inspecting deliveries for damage or discrepancies
- Ensuring proper stocking of materials by using appropriate method of care to avoid any damage and loss
- Ensuring smooth issue of materials ordered
- Ensuring accurate record keeping and managing all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Performing other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labelling supplies
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of the stores and coordinating any maintenance works required
- Ensuring proper health and safety measures are taken for the safety of the employees, store building and materials
- Ensuring that the store is always maintained up to date in all respects and is always in a presentable.
- Previous experience as a storekeeper or similar
- Knowledge of book-keeping and inventory management
- Physically fit & energetic
- Can write in English
- Can speak in English
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Clean driving license
- In possession of or willing to acquire a license to operate a forklift
An attractive remuneration package is being offered to the right candidate. Full product training will be provided.